AEMS is committed to elevating the voices of our incredible educators, principals and district leaders through existing awards programs and new initiatives.
During #GivingTuesday 2019, AEMS used its social network to highlight eight inspiring Donors Choose projects from arts educators across the state. With the help of your contributions, which included $3,484 from individuals raised on Giving Tuesday, almost every project AEMS highlighted was fully funded!
The projects AEMS amplified included:
- Mr. Blandon’s Bell Kit Project (Woodhome Elementary/Middle School)
- Ms. Wachter’s Sketchbooks for Art Journaling (Marley Middle School)
- Art Books and Printer for Ms. Cook’s Class (Reach-Partnership School 341)
- Puppets and Clay for Mrs. Hernandez-Halper’s Class (Carl Sandburg Learning Center)
- Art Stools for Mrs. Podraza’s Classroom (Bayside Elementary School)
- Acoustic Panels of Ms. Mueller’s Class (Phoenix Academy)
- Piano Keyboards for Mrs. Price’s Class (George Washington Elementary School 22)
- Dance Speaker for Mrs. Yanez’s Class (White Oak Middle School)
Your donations make a difference and AEMS is committed to working with partner organizations and schools to bring quality arts education to every public school student in Maryland. Help support AEMS’s continued advocacy for arts education in 2020 and beyond!