AEMS believes that as arts education advocates, our organization’s duty is first and foremost to ensure that the holistic well being of Maryland’s children is a priority for every citizen. As our state and nation enter these uncertain times, monitoring and responding to the direct needs of Maryland’s families will be our driving focus. Therefore, we will be continuously updating resources that we hope can assist you in the upcoming months. Once again, we are here for you! Please feel free to share, support, and utilize these resources as needed. If you have additional resources please feel free to share them at email@example.com. Your wellness matters.
- The Parents’ Place of Maryland COVID-19 Updates (information for parents of children with special needs)
- Talking to students about COVID-19 from 7Mindsets.com
- Maryland State Department of Education: Division of Early Childhood: Early Childhood Grants, Programming, and Initiatives during the COVID-19 Emergency
- Free Internet for Low-Income Customers
- Searchable map of school meal sites for students ages 2-18
- Maryland Health Connection (special emergency enrollment period runs until April 15)
- Maryland Family Network’s LOCATE: Child Care
- Baltimore Area Childcare Opportunities
- Mutual Aid Hub– searchable map of community groups
- Supporting Artists with Families
- Vox is soliciting stories! Google Form here
- Online Resources, Creative Ideas, and File-based Resources from the Maryland State Department of Education’s Fine Arts Office
- Learning Resources for Students with Special Needs from Control Alt Achieve
- Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closings
- Resources for Building Resilience through the Arts from Healing Online for People Everywhere (HOPE)
- Learn at Home Workshops from MimiHerman.com
- Theatre Camp at Home from Baltimore Centre Stage
- Music Resources & Activities for Students & Families from Maryland School for the Blind
- Music/Coding activities through EarSketch
- Information for AP Students Affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Art with a Heart video lessons
- Art skill how-to videos by Arts Every Day
- Virtual Museums
- Lunch Doodles– every day at 1pm!
- Sister Cities Girlchoir Resources and Sing-a-longs (weekdays at noon)
- Walters Art Museum Virtual Resources
- Teach from Home resources from TeachFromHome.com
- Early Childhood Resources from Port Discovery
AEMS is here for you. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time about opportunities to support and amplify the work that you are doing. Let’s continue to support and uplift one another during this time and after. Individually, we are movement but together, we are a force.
Please take care of yourself and your loved ones.