The AEMS Alliance sponsors an annual Cultural Arts for Education (CAFE) conference each spring. CAFE offers networking opportunities to members of the arts and education community who seek to encourage partnerships that support the Fine Arts State Curricula. CAFE conferences highlight:
- Model programs and best practices;
- National developments affecting the field;
- Research findings supporting the inclusion of the arts in school curricula;
- Implementation of Maryland State Board of Education Arts Education Policy;
- Ways to build the capacity of the arts teaching community including teaching artists, higher education, arts organizations, arts specialists and classroom teachers; and
- Effective teacher preparation for integration of the arts in all content areas.
CAFE 2016 is Thursday, June 2, 2016. Click here for more details and registration information.