What Is Portfolio Plus?
Portfolio Plus is a comprehensive, multidimensional set of strategies that will be designed to ensure the quality of fine arts instruction. These strategies include:
- Providing intact instructional units that address key concepts and processes embodied in the fine arts standards and include embedded assessments as exemplars for teachers;
- Providing intact instructional units to schools each year that are based on the four big ideas in the fine arts articulated in the State standards;
- Developing an array of traditional and longer-term assessment tasks (such as extended performance-based and portfolio tasks) that are aligned with the Fine Arts State Curriculum but administered locally by individual teachers and school systems;
- Developing and piloting collaboratively with local school systems on-demand assessment items and tasks in each of the fine arts content areas; and
- Supporting high-quality professional development for fine arts teachers on the implementation of Portfolio Plus.