AEMS Alliance’s Vision: All Maryland public school students have equitable access to arts education so that they can learn and achieve in and through dance, media arts, music, theatre, and visual arts.
AEMS Alliance's Mission:
Increase student access to courses in all art forms through purposeful actions.
- Promote and advocate for state, local, and national policies that strengthen arts education
- Communicate research and effective instructional practices in the arts with stakeholders in education, government, business, and the arts
- Support and celebrate outstanding leaders in arts education
- Provide learning opportunities for teachers of all art forms, teachers who integrate the arts into their disciplines, and teaching artists
- Provide technical assistance in the areas of curriculum development, instruction, school structures, and organizational outreach to stakeholders